Chinese Social Media Specialist
PURPOSE / OBJECTIVE / SCOPE
The Chinese Social Media Specialist is responsible for managing and growing a network of accounts on Chinese social media platforms, including WeChat, Weibo and other relevant platforms, from crafting the content, driving exponential growth and building brand awareness for OnTheList HK Flash Sales to Chinese audiences. We are looking for the right candidate who has a strong editorial voice, an eye for compelling content and deep understanding on how each social media channels work in China and hands on experience in driving brand visibility and sales through different social medial platforms.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Social Media Management (Wechat, Weibo, Xiaohongshu, as well as other relevant apps)
- Develop and implement a long-term Chinese social media strategy for HK market, encompassing the growth, engagement, advertisement (廣告主), copywriting & visuals and all other related content.
- Day-to-day management on the editorial planning from idea generation, production, to distribution of the Mandarin-language shopping & lifestyle content geared towards Chinese inbound and outbound travelers.
- KOL & Community coordination
- Build up our own community through partnerships with KOLs, brands, organizations or any targeted groups.
- Proactively interacting with our engaged online community across the Chinese social media, forums or blogs.
- Budget & Report
- To monitor, measure, evaluate, and incorporate data insights on all the digital marketing campaigns performance and metrics (ROI and KPIs).
- Proven track record of success in growth and engagement on WeChat and Weibo
- Prepare monthly report for managements review and direct report to Marketing team
- University graduate in Marketing or relevant discipline, IANG graduates are welcomed;
- 2+ years marketing experience, but anyone with strong portfolio would also be considered, experiences on handling social media accounts would be highly preferred;
- Native-level Mandarin Chinese and fluency/strong written and spoken proficiency in English are required;
- Passionate personal user of social media, and exceptional knowledge of the Chinese social media landscape is essential;
- Business connection and network with popular social media channels and fashion/lifestyle
KOLs are highly preferred;
- Product photography, video editing experience & knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) definitely an advantage;
- Well-organized, detail-minded, self-motivated, high responsibility;
- Able to work independently and a good team player;
- Good media relationship & communication skills;
- Excellent MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills essential.